Saturday, January 13, 2018

Thing 26 NOTETAKING

I'm surrounded by tech at home and at school.  I love it. I use it. I'm a self-directed learner with tech.  BUT, when it comes to lists and my personal calendar I still prefer PAPER.  Yes, PAPER and find joy in little binder clips, gel pens, post it notes, and planners that have happy covers.  

I find I internalize things better when I WRITE them.  

Great NOTETAKING RESOURCES here (thanks again, Polly!) 

I had EVERNOTE for years and decided wasn't getting my money's worth (my issues, not EVERNOTE).

I've dabbled in SKETCHNOTING..love it as it cements my thinking DURING, but don't know if my notes are good for sharing and not pretty enough to post like the professionals.

I need color, bullets, boxes, month at a glance and daily lists.  I tried to go totally to GOOGLE calendar for all...but found I wasn't remembering things!  My brain needs PAPER.  I'm almost NEVER without a pen/paper...for the next BIG IDEA!  

I do like GOOGLE KEEP (especially for the voice record/write features) and am encouraging students to use as well for their to-dos and especially password information (for non google log in resources). 

I have mixed feelings about laptops OPEN or NOT during meetings.  Sometimes it works for me (and others) and other times, I find I'm multitasking to distraction.   For me, it depends on the content, setting, and my role in the meeting.  With students we often request "courtesy close" but sometimes a "watch and do" is more appropriate.   


1 comment:

  1. I'm a hybrid. Lots of disorganized paper notes all over my desk and the kitchen counter. But finally succumbed to google calendar. But then, I'm not as busy with meetings and appts as you are! Whatever works is the right combination.

    ReplyDelete