Friday, March 30, 2018

Final (ish) Reflection


LIMITLESS opportunities at the Library
I hesitate to say "FINAL" reflection of the COOL TOOLS PD only because so much of what I did through at each lesson was to add what I need to work on, improve, do next, learn, and more.

Of course, anyone who is in a PD like this is likely in the same mindset...growing, expanding, and learners for life.
FUN matters

BUT, rather than feeling discouraged and overwhelmed with how to improve, grow, and shift, this course help to me STRATEGICALLY plan on what next. 


HOPE matters.
It goes without saying that we are never "done" or we are in trouble.  It took me a few weeks to get the flow of the course..where to start, what to click, how to work between personal and work gmail...and at first I was frustrated.  Like any new experience, time and patience and try again and it worked without issue.


  • I am grateful for the resources--did targeted sharing and will continue to do so.  
  • It got me back into blogging and "forced" me to try, learn or revisit tools and ideas.
  • I learned what "works" for my brain and what doesn't.   
  • I was ok with admitting what didn't "tick" for me.
  • I LOVED the choice and would like to continue on the learning journey despite the required being done. 
Create your own sunshine
My professional "what nexts" are:  (in no order, based on what has stuck with me, not just what I wrote down)
  • Need a brand, logo, vision for our library that is consistent in all my outreach
  • Need more tools that increase efficiency and make it easier to share with colleagues/students
  • Need more connection with authors (live/virtual) for students
  • Need more student voice in planning what next with literacy
  • Need to dedicate more time to explore/play/try new tools (get too caught up on doing and don't force myself to try new enough)
  • Need to SHARE, SHARE, SHARE ideas, tools, concepts, and rally a team to make things come to life!  
  • Need to model the "choice" idea in this project for student projects
Sometimes learning opportunities just work.  This did that for me.  I'm inspired and equipped without feeling substandard or hopeless!  Onward!  Thanks so much!  

1 comment:

  1. What a great approach to this learning journey. I love that you didn't let it overwhelm you and chose to make it your own and learn what you needed to learn. I'm always afraid I'm overwhelming people with so many choices in the lessons, but there's just so much great stuff going on. And now that I've learned that the phrase "Choice Boards" is trendy, I'm just going to call the workshop one big giant Choice Board.

    ReplyDelete