Sunday, February 25, 2018

Thing 4: Digital Storytelling

Lots of resources to support DIGITAL STORYTELLING
I take a gazillion pictures a week and often like to tell stories with those pics...both on the spot and for more archival reasons for work and personal reasons.  My favorite is ANIMOTO but that is a subscription service--for me I get my $$ worth, but not always an option.   Unrelated to DIGITAL options, I just started a subscription to GROOVE BOOK which gets me quick and easy access to PRINT pictures (100 month for 3.99) and these can be used in lots of ways, too!  I have my camera pics upload to DROPBOX for ease of access and sanity (if phone gets lost/damaged).  I prefer that over GOOGLE storage (for now).  

Here is an ANIMOTO from our WELCOME TEAM 




Our school has WE VIDEO available for all students and works out well, though at first glance seems intimidating (I think).  Screencastify also works for short movies via our Google Apps.   


I checked out POETRY via STORY BIRD...great place for beginners/telling story with words and images.   Not able to upload own images, but great selection.  AND it's a CHROME APP!  

Great WRITING challenges here (long and short responses) that could easily be uploaded to a teacher account for organization purposes.  

Tried out SHARALIKE....WOW...so easy to use, would be great for quick PR of library programs, events, projects, etc.  I couldn't figure out how to revise the photo collection once I uploaded pics, but easy enough to do another one quickly.    Would definitely use again!  



  • Sharalike – Upload your photos and videos to create a slideshow. Choose from a limited number of slide show styles and transitions speeds. Music can also be added. Key feature is it’s simplicity. Free.  (iPad, Android, Web)  Example:


Gave PHOTOPEACH a try...very easy to use...BUT couldn't adjust the layout of the pics so as you will see here, my horizontal pics didn't work well.   Could use for a QUIZ though based on the way you use captions.   Has potential there though gathering responses wouldn't be ideal.  


FRESH AIR FEEDS the SOUL on PhotoPeach 


I explored MOOVLY and didn't have any immediate success and I didn't find it intuitive. BUT, that's just me and not necessarily an indication of an ineffective tool.  I just find when things aren't intuitive to ME, I move along to the next one rather quickly unless I am required by law to use that tool.   In this case, I moooved along :)  I would probably try again to CONQUER it!   

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the kids greeting team! What a great idea. And love all the things your created, especially the storybird poem, so perfect. You rock! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just took a look at groovebook, do you do the monthly book? or just select individual prints. Looks handy!

    ReplyDelete