Saturday, January 13, 2018

Thing 6: Curation Tools

I know the incredible role the curation plays in school libraries. 

I see the roles shifting and increasing in importance as there is more "deployment" of resources and less come to the library and get it from the librarian.  

With various models of 1:1 access or increased use of devices in the classrooms and fewer "lab" models, we need to be sure that the resources students and teachers need are IN their hands for school and home.  

So many of the CURATION TOOLS shared here are ideal for middle school and surely can be adapted for younger or older students.   

I'm confident with:

  • Symbaloo  (has been less popular as of late--not sure why) 
  • Padlet  (quick and easy, some find too "messy") 
  • Libguides  (use this and google slides mostly) 
  • Slides
and relatively ok with Scoop.It and Pinterest.  I need to revisit EDSHELF & Pinterest as I see others use and find them helpful and I know teachers like Pinterest. Also, I doing more crowdsourcing and sites like Pinterest and Peardeck lend themselves more to that. 

I often build LIBGUIDES in collaboration with my teacher partners.  We post those on Classroom for student access.  Guides include PASSWORDS for off-site use where needed. 

Check out our website (still not in love with layout of my site) to access the many libguides we have used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment